This simple lemon couscous salad is perfect for a family summer barbecue or picnic and is the perfect complement to burgers or grilled chicken! It is best made ahead so it saves you time in the kitchen on the day of the party. more time to enjoy spending with your guests!
Lemony Couscous Salad
- ¾ cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Heat water to a boil. Turn off heat and add the couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Place couscous in a medium bowl. Add onion, pepper, tomato, almonds, apricots, cheese and parsley. Toss well to distribute ingredients evenly.
- In a small bowl whisk lemon juice, olive oil and sugar together. Stir in pepper and lemon zest.
- Toss dressing with the couscous mixture and blend well.
- Refrigerate for ~ 2 hours or until chilled